Club Competition Rules:
Please see here for information about fell race categories and race rules:
FRA Race Categories and Rules
This is a free competition giving club mates an opportunity to compete against one another. If you run any of the listed races you are automatically given points within the competition.
- To qualify for an overall placing in the competition you need to run 8 races from the published list. In the summer competition: of the 8 you need to run at least two categories of race from - road race (R), multi terrain race (MT) and fell race (F) In the winter competition: of the 8 you need to run at least 3 categories of race from - road race (R), multi terrain race (MT), fell race (F) and cross country (XC) race.
- Points are allocated such that the first male and first female are awarded 40 points, second male and second female 39 points and so on.
- Official chip times are used where available.
- To qualify your name must appear on the race results. This means that if you have got your place via a transfer with another runner you must ensure that you follow the race organiser’s guidelines to ensure that the swap is officially recognised.
- If there is a race that you would like to add to the competition list then this can be nominated at least 2 weeks before the race. To qualify for inclusion a race needs to have at least 4 Congleton Harriers already entered (or planning to enter if it is entry on the day) and places still available. Please forward any nominations to the Club Chairman or Secretary via email.