Cloud 9 Hill Race
Organised by Congleton Harriers
A scenic and challenging mostly off-road 9 mile race from Congleton to the summit of Bosley Cloud (1125ft) and back via the ancient Bridestones (c 2000 BC).
Next year's race will be on Sunday March 3rd 2024.
Contact Us: email@example.com
Male: S. Bailey - 00:52:10 - 2010
Female: O. Walwyn - 00:58:53 - 2011
Thanks to all who ran or helped with this year's race on Sunday 5th March 2023!
Photography by Bryan Dale of racephotos.org.uk
Registration/Changing (for 2023)
- Congleton Leisure Centre is still being redeveloped. For registration, changing facilities, baggage store and post-race refreshments, this year race HQ will again be at Berisfords in Congleton - Thomas Street CW12 1EF
Note there is no bag drop this year.
Entries open December 2nd.
- Entry cost will be £12 plus booking fees (Please note £1 for every runner will be donated to the National Trust as the Bosley Cloud is NT land). FRA members will receive a £1 discount.
- The race is organised by Congleton Harriers under FRA rules
- It covers a distance of 9 miles and 1250 feet of ascent (14.5K and 381m) Category BM.
- All entrants must be over the age of 18 Years.
- RACE DAY KIT - it is the responsibility of the runner to ensure they have the correct kit upon race day:
WATERPROOF whole body cover (jacket and trousers) Which MUST have taped seams and an integrated attached hood, hat and gloves must be carried/worn during the race.
Kit checks will be made before the race and if FULL KIT is not present then you will NOT be allowed to run.
For further information please go to:-
- The race will be Chip Timed.
- Sorry but no dogs or MP3 players allowed.
- The Start is at Brunswick Wharf (CW12 1RG / SJ865634)
- GPS and electronic devices NOT allowed for navigation (NG), the route will be well marked and marshalled.
- Cut off time: Please note as last year there will be a cut off time of 60 minutes. The distance at this point is approximately 3.9 Miles into the race (downward leg from the Cloud). If you don't feel you can make this time then please do not enter. Please view cut off point on course map attached (Point 1).
- Foodbank Donations: purely optional, but if you would like to bring a can or packet of something, we will be collecting donations for the Congleton food bank.
- We will provide all entrants with instructions closer to the event.
- You should collect your number at the venue on the day at the event, a map showing the course will be available to view. Please arrive in good time. In case there is adverse weather we have set up a Facebook page to communicate the latest information on it near race day on https://www.Facebook.com/cloud9hillrace/