Rules for the Harriers Club Place
Each year clubs affiliated with England Athletics are allocated one or more places in the London marathon. The Harriers currently get one place in this process.
We have a draw in December to decide who gets the place. To be eligible for the draw you must satisfy all these criteria:
- You should have been a paid up full member of Congleton Harriers for at least 12 months on the day after the draw
- You should have been rejected from entry via the normal London ballot system
- If you have been drawn out and have taken up a club place for the race in any of the previous 3 years you are NOT eligible to enter the initial draw for the current race.
- You should be committed, if drawn out, to actually training for and running the marathon
- If drawn out, you should not be intending to purposely pass the place on to anyone else, or to defer entry until 2025.
- You must have volunteered in some capacity at one of the club’s events in the last year.
The draw takes place at the pre Christmas drinks evening in December. If you would like to be entered in the draw you need to provide the chairman with your rejection email, forward it to
Any questions please just ask.