Club runs Update 12th September 2020:
Since the Government announced new measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 virus effective from the 14th September, England Athletics have now clarified and updated their guidance for a return to running
Monday club runs will continue and still be limited to 12 runners and there will be a nominated run leader for each run.
Tuesday runs are still suspended until further notice
Thursday Speed sessions are still suspended until further notice.
If you wish to join one of the club runs:
- You must first register and confirm your contact details. To register please fill in the form on the right hand side of the page ->
- You will be given details on how to login to the website to book on in advance and will need to confirm that you have read and understood the Risk Assessment Document and the Runs Guidelines Document.
- A list of the club runs which are organised is here.
- To join a club run, fill in the form here. Please check how many people have already booked by looking at the booking list here. You can choose the run you are interested in and see how many people are already registered. If there are already 12 people booked, you can add your name to the list but will need to contact the run leader to check if any spaces become available. Please also pay careful attention to the health declaration before booking onto a run.
- Please don't attend a run if you are not booked, you won't be allowed to run with the group.
- Run Leaders, to add a club run you are leading to the list click here.
Summary of the Club Run Booking options:
Overview of the status of Club Runs 6th August 2020:
Monday 6pm: Planned restart August 10th
A social run of 3-4 miles suitable for new runners or juniors, but also very popular with existing members wishing to have a short run. The runs are on road in winter and off road in summer. See here for the schedule of Monday night runs. From Congleton Leisure Centre:
Tuesday 7pm: Currently Suspended
Our main club night with two routes: one of 6 miles and one around 8 miles. Off road in summer and on road in winter. See the Tuesday runs page for the current routes. From Congleton Leisure Centre:
Tuesday Away runs: Currently Suspended
Throughout the summer we have a monthly away run, within 30 minutes drive of Congleton. This is an opportunity to enjoy running somewhere different and meet up for food and drink in a local pub after the run. See the Tuesday runs page for the away run details.
Thursday 7pm: Planned restart August 13th
Interval and speed training. This is a road based session focused on improving fitness levels and abilities through shorter repetitions of high intensity running with recovery sessions in between. Alternate weeks flat and hill training. The sessions start from the Leisure Centre at 7pm. See here for more information. From Congleton Leisure Centre:
Saturday 9am: Parkruns are Currently Suspended
We attend the weekly Astbury Mere based Parkrun where on the first Saturday of each month our members offer pacing for specified times to assist runners achieve targets.
This is a link to the Congleton Parkrun Website Congleton Parkrun
Away Runs: Currently Suspended
We also have weekend away runs, an example being a more challenging off road route based in the Peak District