Club runs Update 15th October 2020:
The Government announced the new High tiering measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 virus in East Chesire effective from the 14th October. Although there are tighter restrictions, organised sport in an outdoor setting that follows Covid secure protocol is for the time being unaffected and Monday club runs will continue. In addition Tuesday and Thursday runs will restart. Attached is an extract from the UK Government bulletin:
Exercise classes and organised sport can continue to take place outdoors. These will only be permitted indoors if it is possible for people to avoid mixing with people they do not live with or share a support bubble with, or for youth or disability sport
Monday club runs will continue and still be limited to 12 runners and there will be a nominated run leader for each run.
Tuesday will resume on October 20th, limited 12 runners and there will be a 2 nominated run leaders for each run.
Thursday Speed sessions will resume on October 22nd, limited 12 runners and there will be a nominated run leader for each session.
If you wish to join one of the club runs:
- You must first register and confirm your contact details. To register please fill in the form on the right hand side of the page ->
- You will be given details on how to login to the website to book on in advance and will need to confirm that you have read and understood the Risk Assessment Document and the Runs Guidelines Document.
- A list of the club runs which are organised is here.
- To join a club run, fill in the form here. Please check how many people have already booked by looking at the booking list here. You can choose the run you are interested in and see how many people are already registered. If there are already 12 people booked, you can add your name to the list but will need to contact the run leader to check if any spaces become available. Please also pay careful attention to the health declaration before booking onto a run.
- Please don't attend a run if you are not booked, you won't be allowed to run with the group.
- Run Leaders, to add a club run you are leading to the list click here.
Summary of the Club Run Booking options:
Overview of the status of Club Runs:
Monday 6pm: Restarted August 10th
A social run of 3-4 miles suitable for new runners or juniors, but also very popular with existing members wishing to have a short run. The runs are on road in winter and off road in summer. See here for the summer schedule of Monday night runs. The winter schedule starts on October 5th. From Congleton Leisure Centre:
Tuesday 7pm: Planned Restart October 20th
Our main club night with two routes: one of 6 miles and one around 8 miles. Off road in summer and on road in winter. From Congleton Leisure Centre: see here for the Tuesday winter run schedule and routes up to Christmas.
Tuesday Away runs: Currently Suspended
Throughout the summer we have a monthly away run, within 30 minutes drive of Congleton. This is an opportunity to enjoy running somewhere different and meet up for food and drink in a local pub after the run. See the Tuesday runs page for the away run details.
Thursday 7pm: Planned restart October 22nd
Interval and speed training. This is a road based session focused on improving fitness levels and abilities through shorter repetitions of high intensity running with recovery sessions in between. Alternate weeks flat and hill training. The sessions start from the Leisure Centre at 7pm. See here for more information. From Congleton Leisure Centre:
Saturday 9am: Parkruns are Currently Suspended
We attend the weekly Astbury Mere based Parkrun where on the first Saturday of each month our members offer pacing for specified times to assist runners achieve targets.
This is a link to the Congleton Parkrun Website Congleton Parkrun
Away Runs: Currently Suspended
We also have weekend away runs, an example being a more challenging off road route based in the Peak District